Accepting an invitation to lunch

Sales Manager
Straits Leather Products Ltd
6 Orchard Road
Singapore

Dear Mr. Au,
Thank you for your letter of 14 April with details of your UK sales trip and your kind invitation to lunch.
I am very pleased to hear that you will be in Exeter from 5 to 8 June, staying at the Regal Hotel.
I am free on the 5th to meet you for lunch at the Regal. Many thanks for asking me.
I look forward to meeting you at noon in the main lounge.

Regards,

Useful phrases
Line 1
Thank you for your kind invitation to lunch.
Line 7
I look forward to meeting you at. . . in . . .
Notes
Para. 1
Identify the letter.
Para. 2
Confirm the-details of the visit.
Para. 3
Suggest a date, time and place for the lunch.
Para. 4
End with a friendly message.

.

Comments
The letter expresses thanks for an invitation and seeks to confirm the details.


Alternative phrases
Line 1 Many thanks for . . .
Line 3 I am glad to hear that. . .



Popular Posts