Seeking advice


Mr Martin Pearl
Pearl-Mount Ltd 8
Shenton Way
Singapore

Dear Martin,
We are thinking of setting up a branch office in Singapore within the next year. We shall be looking for suitable premises in the central business district.
I remember that you had a lot of problems when you moved last year. I would be grateful if you could share some of the experience which you gained.
I would appreciate your advice on what to look for. I would particularly like to know how to protect ourselves when contracting with real estate agents, moving firms and office space designers. Are there any firms you would particularly recommend?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give us. Don't hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do for you.

Sincerely,

Useful phrases
Line 2
We shall be looking for suitable premises in . . .
Line 3
I would be grateful if you could share some of the experience which you gained.
Line 5
I would particularly like to know how to protect ourselves when . . .
Line 7
Are there any firms you would particularly recommend?
Line 9
Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.
Notes
Para. 1
State the subject of the letter.
Para. 2
Ask for advice.
Para. 3
Give details of what you like to know.
Para. 4
Express your thanks and reciprocate the offer of help.

.

Comments
The writer is wisely seeking advice from a friend who has experienced what the writer plans to do. Details are stated clearly.


Alternative phrases
Line 1      We are considering . . .
Line 3      I recollect that. . .
Line 5      I would very much like your advice on . . .
Line 5      I would especially like to know . . .
Line 7      Can you recommend any particular firms?




Popular Posts